Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Life is Precious

This week the young wife of one of Hagie's supervisees died. Her loving husband, only 26 years of age, by her side and left to make the decision whether or not to have the medical equipment disconnected. He had it disconnected and she died just a few short minutes later. This has been heavy on my mind all week.

Though I didn't know this young lady her death has impacted me. Her young death is such a reminder that every day is precious and should be lived to the fullest. I think about her young widowed husband who know has to figure out how to go on with his life without his "bride."

We don't always understand death or the reasons why God calls people home but we can learn valuable lessons throughout our own lives as we are touched by the cycle of life. This week I have been reminded of lessons I have learned throughout my own life:

  • Tell those you love that you love them everyday.
  • Treasure moments together because you never know when they will be your last.
  • Make an effort to make those you love feel special every opportunity you get.

No comments: