Wednesday, October 28, 2009

MIA no more....

The past few weeks have been busy at the Cook household. Between a quick trip to Disney, stomach flu, bronchitis, walking pneumonia and a broken rib, I haven't had much time to write nor have I really felt like it. Not to mention, we are all still adjusting to having the newest crew member...Vic. Vic is such a delightful new addition but the experience definitely calls for a learning curve. I continue to learn everyday something new about parenting a teenage boy. Let's see....a few new things I have learned about "Victor P"

He can easily drink a 12 pack of Sprite in just a few days, grape soda runs a close second.

He moves about as quickly as his father in terms of getting out of the house to leave...NOT QUICKLY AT ALL...like father like son.

Potato chips, Poptarts, and cereal are among his faves and Butterfingers are his favorite candy bar....like stepmother like son :)

Teenage boys, well mine anyway, needs lots of reminders to take care of chores. I guess chores aren't high on his list of priorities when compared to friends, girls, etc.

Victor has turned out to be an amazing big brother. I like to watch him interact with Connor and my heart sings when Vic refers to Connor as "buddy." Vic even babysits every now and then and doesn't complain. Nice bonus.

So that's where we are at the Cook household. I am still recovering from the bout of bronchitis that I swear feels like it is lingering on and I am still dealing with some pain related to the broken rib. But life goes on and we continue to put one foot in front of the other.

Stay tuned for an update on my weight loss journey and a new women's group I am participating in each week.

No comments: